Cupoli, P. et al., 2012. ACM Tech Pack on Business Intelligence/Data Management. ACM. Available at: http://techpack.acm.org/bi/.
This tech pack contains a high level overview (definition, relevant resources and literature) of the following topics:
- Business Intelligence - a form of decision support system and an umbrella terms for concepts and methods used to improve business decision making by fact-based support systems.
- Data Management - a mechanism for turning data into an organizational asset.
- BI Architecture
- Data Warehousing
- Reference & Master Data Management - for creating and maintaining unified references for all non-transaction entities
- Data Quality
- Data Governance
- Meta-Data Management
- Unstructured Data
- Reporting & Analysis
- Data Mining
- Emerging BI Trends
- An annual survey of BI tools
- A blog covering the Business Intelligence Eco System
- Chaudhuri, S., Dayal, U. & Narasayya, V., 2011. An overview of business intelligence technology. Communications of the ACM, 54(8), pp.88—98.
- Baars, H. & Kemper, H.-G., 2008. Management Support with Structured and Unstructured Data-An Integrated Business Intelligence Framework. Information Systems Management, 25(2), pp.132—148.
- Thusoo, A. et al., 2010. Data warehousing and analytics infrastructure at facebook. In Proceedings of the 2010 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of data. SIGMOD ™10. New York, NY, USA: ACM, pp. 1013—1020. Available at: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1807167.1807278.