Xu, K., Liao, S. S., Li, J., & Song, Y. (2011). Mining comparative opinions from customer reviews for Competitive Intelligence. Decision Support Systems, 50(4), 743—754.
- companies apply CI methods that
- monitor the reception of their own products and services
- analyze information on their competitors activities
- >(Nokia N95, iPhone, camera, better)
- ~(Pearl, Curve, camera, high resolution)
- >(iPhone, Curve, screen, bigger
MethodThe authors use conditional random fields to model (a) the relation between relations and entities, and (b) between relations and words.
- Capitalization information (identify product names), Word type, POS tags
- Prefixes and suffixes: recognize sentiment phrases (bett-er, quick-er, fast-est, ...)
- Indicator phrases for comparisons (in contrast to, unlike, compare with, ...)
- Syntactic paths (identify comparisons)
- Grammatical roles (products are often subjects, attributes entities are objects, ...)