by Agarwal et al. (WSDM2008, agarwal2008)
The goal of this article is to provide a method for identifying influential bloggers.
- outlinks: resources referred to by a post's author
- inlinks: resources which refer to that particular post -- collected using the technorati API
- recognitions (=> the post if referred to in many other posts)
- activity generation (the post yields a large number of comments)
- novelty (a large number of outlinks indicates that a post is less likely to be novel)
- eloquence (the length of a post is positively correlated to its influence)
Finally, the paper also observes and discusses different temporal patterns of influentials (long-term, average-term, transient, and burgeoning).